|Start of the Run: 17 seconds back from Greg|
- 9th is a good result. It's a good pay day - 4 times what I earned for winning New Orleans 5150 or Giant Eagle 5150.
- Swim - was okay. I would have like to swim a little faster, saving energy in the group I ended up in after the first loop seemed tactically correct plan.
- Bike - saved the day. I do well on fast corners and downhills. I also had better than expected legs.
- Run - as good as can be expected. My time was atrocious, but I was happy to finish. There was a chance I won't be able to run the entire 10k. I've been unable to run for the last 5 weeks because of my piriformis. Tightness in my piriformis is causing problems throughout my right leg: gluet, IT band, knee, calf, and ankle.
- The water was hot, which lead to a hot hard bike, which meant a hot run. The temp was probably around 90 degrees. Weather forecast ranged between 85 and 97 degrees.
|30 seconds later: Hunter, Josh, Javier, Alistar, Stewart, & More|