Monday, February 13, 2012

Epipment - Training Trip

Bike: 2007 Felt F1X (cyclo cross frame)
Wheels: Zipp 303 Clincher front, 404 Clincher Rear PT
Components: Sram Rivial, Zipp H-Bar and Stem

I packed this bike for the training trip because it doesn't has a BB30 bottom bracket.  I have to remove my crank when I packed my bike, so packing a new BB30 frame takes more time.  My BB30 frame has a tight tolerance fit, so I have to tap the crank in and out with rubber mallet.  I didn't want to risk having to press the bearings back in if they popped out.  It might not have been a problem, but I wanted to keep it simple.  In the future, I can use an adapter. (Note: BB30 is lighter and stiffer)

Cockpit: Garmin 705
Contour HD Camera

I brought the camera in case there was a traffic accident. Hopefully, my wife would have some evidence to prosecute.  I more pessimistic veiw after being herassed and almost run over a couple last season.

As consilation, I hoping to get some good 1st person footage of riding up and down Mt Lemon.  With GPS data and footage and can produce my own trainer dvd for next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment