Sunday, July 10, 2011

My 9th Life Time Fitness Race

I always think racing Life Time Fitness Triathlon is going to be less stress and easier than traveling to a  race.  However, usually the opposite is true. There is more pressure to preform in front of the home town crowd.  The shop and my wife are always super busy the week of the race.  This is also week I use during the season to do maintenance on my race bike.  When I'm traveling the bike stays in the case and only sees day light at the races.  And, on Monday I dislocated my shoulder which was my own fault, but it added medical visits and additional exercises to an already busy week.  However, this is nothing compared to having10 kids and two dogs, so what am I complaining about?


First, I wanted to thank everyone for cheering from me.  A special thanks to everyone cheering from Carrie Tollefson's Training Camp.  The louder the better.  The other pros were jealous about how loud everyone for cheering for me.  I wish I could have beat Kaleb in the sprint finish for all of you.  I gave it every thing I had, which is all you can do.   The run just wasn't going well for me on Saturday.  It was my worst run ever at the Life Time event and at Triathlon.  However, I had a good bike leg.   The swim went as well as expected with a bum shoulder.  So, I came out of the water in 9th, biked into third, and ran like crap in to 7th.  That makes for a hard day, but it actually went somewhat according to plan.  After the swim, I decided to bike hard and go for the bike prime, which is worth more than finishing 5th.  Biking harder put me in third, but hurt my run.  Sometimes, you have to figure out how to make the most money you can in the middle of the race.  And, sometimes I can still run well after biking hard.

However there were highlights: Winning the bike preime, new race kit, and loud cheering.

And, I'm done
Good/Bad race aside, I think my new uniform and custom bike/helmet decals are sweet (see bike photo).  If anyone is looking for a new one piece suit, I would definitely recommend trying this Elite Tri Suit.  It's the most comfortable piece of tri apparel I've ever worn.

2 comments:

  1. the new outfit is almost as awesome as the new BS swim trunks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David. Swimskin over a nice B70 tri-suit for an Olympic? Still convinced it's worth it?

    ReplyDelete