Saturday, July 10, 2010

Life Time Fitness Triathlon

Another Life Time Fitness Triathlon in the books.  I finished 7th which is okay, but I always want to do better.  I did managed to give the home town crowd something the cheer about.  I came of the bike in 4th with Craig Alexander and Andrew Starykowciz right behind me.  I wanted to hold onto Craig for the first mile or two but that wasn't happening.  Craig was running well and I wasn't.  I had cramp in my diaphragm or bad side stitch.  I ran through and the stitch disappear around mile 2.  From then on, I was able to find some sort of running form but not what I had hoped for.  Filip Ospaly and Clark Ellice passed me at about mile 3.5 and 5.  However, the crowd did get to cheer for a sprint to the line between Cameron Dye and me for 6th and 7th.  I caught a glimpse of Cameron with around .4 miles to go and got within feet but wasn't able to get by.  He still left enough in the tank to close the door on me in the last 10 yard or so.  Summing things up for me: fair swim, fair bike, poor run, but an all out finish sprint finish.  Sprinting all out to the line makes me like I at least tried my hardest.

Men
1. Matt Reed (USA) 1:48:34
2. Matt Chrabot (USA) 1:48:42
3. Craig Alexander (AUS) 1:49:45
4. Filip Ospaly (CZE) 1:50:49
5. Clark Ellice (NZL) 1:51:23
6. Cameron Dye (USA) 1:51:28
7. David Thompson (USA) 1:51:29
8. Greg Bennett (USA) 1:52:07
9. Andrew Starykowicz (USA) 1:53:30
10. John Kenny (USA) 1:56:39 



I did ride my new 2011 Felt DA for the race.  I because I wasn't traveling there was time to  build it up on Thursday and test ride it on Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment